Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trenton Thunder vs. Pirates

Hey look its CC Sabathia!

So today I went to the minor league complex to watch the Trenton Thunder. I watched them last Sunday but I didn't really pay much attention. Today I went purposely to the game to take notes and pay attention to everything that was happening. It is hard to catch everything at these games because there are no announcements, there's no scoreboard to tell you who is up and what just happened so if you lose focus like I do, then you can really miss a lot. Even today my workout groups roster flew away from me and as I was getting it I missed something important. With that I would like to say that my notes aren't exactly perfect, some things I missed but for my first time I think I did a good job. also note that sometimes I use position player #s just because its easier to say.

Also, CC Sabathia was pitching at the complex today for AAA. I just watched them the other day and I've seen Sabathia pitch before so I wasn't really concerned with watching him. It was cool though that he was there and probably about 30 people were at the complex watching the game. What I really wanted to see was Betances pitch since I heard that he would be there, also a lot of my Tampa Yankees are with the Trenton Thunder so I always like to see them.


Dellin Betances


Here are my game notes from today, this is play by play of the game. If I missed anything or not quite sure what went down, I'll note it.

Lineup:
Yadil Mujica - SS/2B
Eduardo Sosa - CF
Bradley Suttle- 1B
Melky Mesa - DH
Addison Maruszak - C
Cody Johnson - LF
Garrison Lassiter - 3B
Jose Gil - DH
Damon Sublett - RF
Casey Stevenson - 2B
--
Shane Brown - RF
Jeff Farnham - 1B(there is no infielder with this # only a catcher so I assumed it was him)
Jose Pirela - SS(Mujica moved to 2B)

Top 1: Pitching - Dellin Betances
Putout: First Base
Putout: First baseman to pitcher
Strikeout Swinging

Bottom 1:
Mujica: Out 6-3
Sosa: Out 1-3 comebacker to pitcher
Suttle: Out 4-3

Score 0-0

Top 2:Betances
BB
Strikeout looking
(WP - Runner to 2nd)
1B - hit to RF - runners on 1+2
Strikeout swinging
Out - 6 - 4 runner out at 2nd

Bottom 2:
Mesa: Out Fly to deep center(Pirates CF injured himself on this, had to come out of the game)
Maruszak: Out 4-3
Johnson: 2B - Fly to Left
Lassiter: Out 6-3

Score - 0-0

Top 3:Betances
BB
(SB - no throw, ball in dirt)
Putout: Popup: - 4
BB
(PB or WP - Runners advance)
Strikeout Swinging
Putout: fly to center

Bottom 3
Gil: Out 5-3
Sublett: Out Strikeout Swinging
Stevenson: 1B line drive RF
Mujica: out 4-3

Score 0-0

Top 4: Betances and Brian Anderson(at least I think it was Anderson)
HR - Deep Center
BB
1B Fly to RF
Pitching Change: #56 takes over with 2 men on base
Putout - 3 in foul territory
Putout - 1 handled himself - runners advance
Putout - 3

Score - 0-1

Bottom 4
Sosa: out fly to center
Suttle: out fly to center
Mesa: 1B fly to shallow RF
(Mesa SB)
Maruszak: BB
(Passed ball or WP runners advance)
Johnson: 1B - 2RBI
Lassiter: 1B beat pitcher to the bag
Gil: Putout 3

Score 2-1
DJ Mitchell Pitching

Top 5: DJ Mitchell
Strikeout Swinging
Putout: 3
Strikeout Swinging

Bottom 5
Sublett: Out fly to center
Stevenson: Putout 3
Mujica: Out 4-3

Score 2-1

Top 6: Mitchell
Strikeout Swinging
2B Fly to RF
Out: 6-3(runner to 3rd)
Out: 5-3

Bottom 6:
Sosa: BB or HBP
(Sosa stole 2 bases during Suttle's AB)
Suttle: Strikeout Looking
Mesa: Sac Fly to CF - RBI
Maruszak: 1B up the middle
Johnson: Strikeout Swinging

Score 3-1

Top 7: Mitchell
Out - 4-3
Strikeout Swinging
1B(line drive to LF)
Out - 3

Bottom 7:
Lassiter: Out 3-1
Gil: 3B deep fly to right center
Brown: BB or HBP
Pirela: Sac fly to LF
Runner scores
Brown out at 2nd on throw

Score 4-1

Top 8: Mitchell
Out- comebacker 1-3
Strikeout Swinging
Strikeout Looking

Bottom 8:
Mujica: Out 6-3
Sosa: Out 1-3(bunt attempt I think)
Farnham: Strikeout Swinging

Score 4-1

Top 9: Phil Bartleski
1B fly to center
1B fly to shallow center
Putout 3 (runners advance)
3B Line drive down RF line 2RBI
1B- hit to RF 1RBI
(stolen base)
Out - fly to RF
Out: fly to RF

Bottom 9
Mesa: BB
(mesa CS)
Maruszak: Strikeout swinging
Johnson: Strikeout swinging 3-1

Score 4-4

well those are my notes, sorry they arent better organized or anything but it was my first time and I didnt have a score card. If you have any questions, please ask me and Ill try to figure it out.
Pitchers on the top and positions players on the bottom from L to R is Scranton, Trenton, Tampa, Charleston

No comments:

Post a Comment