Monday, March 14, 2011

It's not what you know, it's who you know

I live by the motto of "It's not what you know, It's who you know." I'll spare you the details of all the people I know and get right down to the point. I got an awesome ticket for Wednesday nights game against the Orioles right behind the Yankees dugout. I mentioned to a coworker that I had great seats and needed to go buy a ball to take to hopefully get signed and she said that her husband could get me balls from the Yankees facility. I thought that was awful nice of her so I said "Cool" Today I got a phone call saying that she had dropped the balls off at work for me. I went to pick them up and they were accompanied with this note:




















Uh, totally cool! I am pretending that Cano and Arod hit them.


Also, A few weeks ago I finally went out and bought a shadow box to store my autographed tickets from last season. I had them in a picture frame but I didn't like them touching the glass because I was afraid the ink would stick and they would be stuck in an ugly frame forever. I got the autographs back in August around the time the Betances and Banuelos hype was starting and literally days before they got promoted to double A. (mentioned in a previous post) I think my frame came out nice. It includes a roster that shows their numbers since they included those in their autograph and a printout of the scores from the two games so you can see they were the starters for the tickets they signed. Also their Tampa Yankee baseball card.

No comments:

Post a Comment