Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coming up

I went to work this morning and my Director always tapes her Chinese food fortunes on the ledge of the counter at work. This one was new and I really liked it, it also has to do this short post.

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Since you can't see into my photographic memory, I have uploaded the pictures I took from last night. Because I don't have a full flickr account it only allows me to keep 200 pictures in my album at all times, because of this some of my older pictures are now gone. Oh well. There's about 90 new pictures.

Because I am feeling Nostalgic and missing Andy Pettitte: Here is a picture I took of him at last years spring training game. It's really blurry because it was raining when I took the picture. I miss Andy.





And now for a short story: There is a 5 year old where I work that absolutely loves baseball, he plays for the Colorado Rockies little league team, he wasn't too happy about that because he didn't know any of their players. Our director who he normally talks to is out on vacation so he has had no one to talk baseball with, lucky for him he knows that I too love baseball. Today I had to work in his classroom for an hour and we talked baseball for an hour, I showed him all my pictures that I took at the game last night, he was very impressed and asked me to print some for him. He is a Rays fan unfortunately but as long as he likes baseball that's fine by me. He plays the baseball games on the Wii so he is pretty good at knowing who is who. He loves Nick Swisher and Robinson Cano and Mark "the sheriff" and says that Alex Rodriguez is the best hitter in baseball. He then showed me how Arod hits his homeruns. He was the recipient of another Buster Posey baseball so we have a connection. As much as I like him, as soon as baseball season starts again I know I will have to deal with the "Yankees are losers" chant that he sings when he sees me. Just thought I would share that, kids are too cute.

This weekend I am going to the first of the Yankees minor league spring training games. I wanted to go on Saturday to see the A and High A teams play but one of my babies is having her 3rd birthday party and I wouldn't miss that for the world. I will make it Sunday to the AA and AAA games so I am hoping that my baseball cards I ordered online come in the mail before then. If not I will just take my ball. I will be able to make it to a few more of the games so I am not worried. My Tampa Yankees season ticket order is processed so I just have to wait for the first Tampa Yankees booster club meeting sometime this month to get my tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment