Sunday, March 13, 2011

A lot can happen in a year

"Hey Jete, was that sun too bright or did Alex tell you he had it?"


Today's game was the game of the year, unfortunately...we lost. I have said many times before that the reason I am a Yankee fan is because my family has always gone to a Yankee spring training game every year and today was the day we all went. My dad and grandma and grandpa and myself made it to the game today. In the past, that group included my mom and brother but they don't go anymore. (losers)

I'm going to let you in on a little secret though you may have already deduced it...

A year ago, I knew about 20% the amount of information I know about the Yankees now. I have been a very bad Yankee fan but I have the ability to retain the least triviality so my brain is perfect for baseball knowledge. A year ago at a spring training game, I only knew the guys that made up the everyday lineup and bullpen. Now I can tell you how old a player is, their stats line, hometown and any other little detail you probably didn't care to know, I can even pronounce Teixeira(and spell it too!) At that spring training game last year I made a vow to myself that I would get to know my favorite team better and I may have gotten a bit too caught up in it because now I think I know too much. But that's not a bad thing.

A lot can happen in a year.

Now I have been to 3 Spring Training games since Wednesday and I am going to one more this week. I drove all the way across the state to watch the B team play and got to see the A team bomb at home. (Jeter dropped a pop-up!! Funniest thing ever) The things we do for love.

Anyway...here are some pictures from today's game. It was on YES so I am sure everyone saw it. If you didn't, you didn't miss much. The Yankees couldn't hit a lick except for a double by Teixeira and a loud home run by Rodriguez. Derek Jeter dropped a high pop-up which was sad yet comical, glad that I was there to witness it though. I got to share some of my baseball knowledge with my grandfather, a lifelong Yankee fan so that was fun.


The picture at the top is Mo making fun of Jeter for dropping a popup. Down at the bottom here; is Tex making a play on a ball, Jesus Montero hanging out in the dugout and David Robertson just being awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment