Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TY wins again!

Tonight the Tampa Yankees won their 2nd game in 4 days(3 games)

I got to the ballpark late because I had to work later than usual. When I walked in, I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had 2 runs and were only in the 2nd inning. Unfortunately, the Bradenton Marauders also had 2 runs. I found out that the TY played a little small ball to score their 2 and Bradenton scored a run in the first and tied the game with a home run in the 2nd.

The score remained tied until the 4th when Neil Medchill, fresh off the DL, hit is 3rd home run of the season to put the TY up 3-2. Jairo Heredia pitched the first 4 innings for Tampa giving up 2 runs on 4 hits and a walk. He struck out 4. Jairo didnt stick around long enough to get the win as Michael Solbach came in to pitch the 5th through 7th innings. He limited the Marauders to 1 hit and a walk while striking out 4 and earning the win. Chase Whitley pitched the final 2 innings allowing 2 hits and a strikeout for the save. The TY won tonight's game 5-2 as the pitchers were able to keep Bradenton off the board after allowing a run in both the 1st and 2nd innings.

The TY offense was also rolling through the game. They scored runs sporadically throughout the game which I found to be a good sign and they were able to take advantage of some pitchers and some timely hitting. The TY defense also looked pretty good even after committing 2 errors. Jairo Heredia picked a runner off 2nd and Kyle Higashioka(who committed an error earlier in the game) threw out 2 runners trying to steal.

I was talking and not keeping score so I didnt pay as close attention to this game as I normally do. I also think getting there early messed me up because it was the first game I have been late to that I havent paid attention to the score before I got there.

Tomorrow they are giving out Yankees nightlights to the first 250 fans which means I will get one unless they only give it to the kids. It is also Mitch Abeita Appreciation night(not officially) so I will be wearing my hawaiian jersey I won last year. He hasnt played the last 2 games so hopefully he gets into tomorrow's game for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment