Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daytona at Tampa Game 2

I know I said that I would put up a post and I will but it wont come until tomorrow. The TY play a school day game at 11am and since I have to work I wont make it. If they pull out a win and I miss it, I am going to be pretty upset as it has been over a week since I saw a win.

The good news about tonights game was that the TY had their first lead in a week, it got blown 2 innings later but I take that as hopefully a sign of good things to come. Torre Tyson who was the manager of the TY last season who is now the roving defensive coordinator of the minor leagues is down here so hopefully he can whip the infielders into shape(rob lyerly in particular)

Carlos Silva started for the TY and despite giving up a 2 run home run to the 3rd batter he faced, he looked good, sprightly even as he covered first on a close play and hopped off the mound TWICE to get to a bunted ball to throw the runner out at 1st.

The TY lost the game on sloppy defense but would have won on sloppy defense so I guess in the end it evened out.

Ill have more indepth recap of the game tomorrow though so make sure to check back by the end of the night.

oh and Go Lightning! who swept the Capitols tonight. I bet Phil Hughes is pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment