Monday, May 9, 2011

Baseball Bingo!

Tonight the Tampa Yankees lost 5-1. I wish that I could give you a solid recap of the game but I can't because I was too busy playing baseball bingo than actually watching the game. I think I might have to skip bingo next time because I start rooting for a situation rather than for my team.

Carlos Silva started the game for the TY, he pitched 4 innings giving up 5 hits and no runs and 5 strikeouts. He escaped a bases loaded jam so though he struggled he didn't implode. He made big pitches when he needed them which is always a good sign. Sean Black, who was supposed to be the starter for the game, came into the game in the 5th and gave up 3 runs in his first inning. Poor Luke Murton got 2 more errors in the game today both on the throw. He has 9 on the season. Kyle Higashioka also had an error on the throw. Black threw a wild pitch and Kyle tried to recover it, he attempted to throw the runner out at 3rd who was advancing on the wild pitch but he threw the ball to left field.

The TY scored their first and only run in the 7th when Rob Lyerly doubled, moved to 3rd on a groundout and scored on a single by Taylor Grote. The offense was again asleep as they scattered 4 hits throughout the game. Taylor had 2 of the TY's 4 hits and he didn't strikeout once. (yay!)

The highlight of the game was playing baseball bingo. At the gates when they scan your ticket, you get handed a bingo card. On the card is 25 circles with a random situation that can occur in a baseball game and a free spot of course. In order to win, you have to make a T and a Y(the boxes you need to fill are shaded grey so you will know what you need to win the game) Mine was a difficult card as it required that the game total 20 hits or more. There ended up being 13 so I automatically lost out regardless of however many circles I actually got.
The group I sit with were all playing, some came just for baseball bingo. Only 2 of us actually won, the rest of us got burned by 1 or 2 circles. We all wanted to win so much that we weren't rooting for the Tampa Yankees but for a situation to come up so we could check off out circles. Stolen Base? I dont care who does it as long as someone does! 20 hits? well I think between the two teams they can do it! Home Run? Bring it on! I was asking for hits from everyone that came up to the plate no matter the team. I unfortunately came up 3 circles short of winning. (15 or more hits, 20 or more hits and a stolen base) Wade Gaynor who was the cleanup hitter for the Flying Tigers went 0-4 with 3 strikeouts but reached base on a hit by pitch. I actually WooHoo'ed when he got on base because that was a situation that I needed in my TY on my bingo card(cleanup hitter reaches base)

Here is my bingo card. I checked all the boxes of things that happened even though they weren't all in the shaded TY.

I am going to the Tampa Yankees game tomorrow and hopefully again all week. On Wednesday we are going to have Mitch Abeita appreciation night where myself and the lady who won Mitch's jersey in the auction on Saturday are going to wear our jerseys in support of him. Maybe he will even get to play. I need to also get his card signed that I found at the flea market back in January.

Jose Ramirez, who I have been following for certain people, was sent down to Charleston. He was 0-5 and not doing well so maybe going back to low-A will help him.  Starting in his place on Thursday is Scott Allen. The TY starters were pushed back a day because of the off day on Sunday. I originally thought Brett was going on Thursday which would be his 5th day but he is now going on Friday. That works out better for me because I get off early on Friday where I would have been late on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment