Sunday, May 1, 2011

Extra Notes

Just thought I would add a few more pictures/notes to yesterdays post. Because I don't want to mess with the flow of it, I will just start a new one. 

Here is a map of their park
For a team on a budget it looks like they spared no expense here

I forgot to take my Baseball America Prospect Handbook with me and it would have been helpful because when I got home I realized that I saw a really big prospect in the Twins minor league system. Aaron Hicks who played Centerfield for the Miracle is ranked as the Twins #2 prospect for 2011. In the game last night he went 1-4 with a run scored. I really like watching other teams prospects because its interesting to see if they perform like the books say and so I can say that I saw them play in the minors.(just checked out his player page and saw that he is currently batting .205 not so good so far) 

Two major leaguers were listed on the two team rosters. JP Howell of the Rays was listed on the Stone Crabs roster and Kevin Slowey was listed on the Miracle roster.(Just looked at the game score from the Stone Crabs and Miracle game today and saw that Howell pitched an inning, missed him by a day. Bummer)



Also, everyone's favorite clown Ronald McDonald threw out the first pitch which was pretty cool. 

Here are my scorecards from the game, apparently scorekeeping is something you make your own so on the Ft. Myers scorecard, in the pitchers section is the pitchers for the StoneCrabs who pitched against them. In the Charlotte scorecard in the pitchers section is the pitcher for the Miracle that pitched against them. It makes sense to me but maybe not to you. 

Miracle Scorecard
Just looked at my scorecard for the Miracle and realized that I attributed a run to Dozier and not Hicks. Will have to fix that on my scorecard. I guess thats what I get for checking my scorekeeping accuracy at 230am.
StoneCrabs Scorecard
You can see that they were quite held in check until the bottom of the 9th.


And here is the sign that is on the exit gate, thought it was pretty funny.



I am going to try to make it out to Clearwater tomorrow night, I have been stricken by a bout of Tonsillitis so my throat is swollen and gross and I feel pretty yucky, but I am pretty headstrong when it comes to making it to my baseball games so chances are pretty high that you will be able to find me in the stands in Clearwater tomorrow night at first pitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment