Saturday, February 25, 2012

Major League Rehab

Every year it is inevitable that someone in the major leagues will get injured and that means they have to rehab somewhere. For the minor league fan in the Florida State League, 2011 was a great year when it came to rehabbing major leaguers. Joe Mauer, Roy Oswalt, Chase Utley, Carlos Ruiz, Logan Morrison and Zack Greinke were just a few that had a rehab stint in the FSL.
The Tampa Yankees had quite a fair share of major leaguers spend time on their roster. The rest of this post is going to be a picture post of all the major league New York Yankees and various other major leaguers that I got to see over the 2011 season. Most of these pictures appeared on the blog throughout the season, I just figured I would put them all in one post.


One of the first major leaguers I saw was Brandon Morrow of the Toronto Blue Jays. He rehabbed in Dunedin and I traveled to see the D-Jays take on the Lakeland Flying Tigers in one of the 3 non Tampa Yankees games that I went to this season.



Along with Brandon Morrow, I also got to see Frank Francisco of Toronto in the same game.



Yankee fans may recognize Latroy Hawkins who did a rehab with the Brevard County Manatees(Milwaukee Brewers)



The first Yankee in my major league rehabber list is Francisco Cervelli who played a few games with the TY(they didnt win a single game while he was here)



Carlos Silva, while technically not on a major league deal, also did a rehab assignment with the Tampa Yankees



Angel Pagan of the New York Mets played a few games for St. Lucie.


Rafael Soriano pitched in a few games for the Tampa Yankees(when he wasn't being driven to the dugout in a golf cart)


Eric Chavez spent considerable time with the Tampa Yankees, going on a few road trips and playing a good 3rd base.


Ryan Doumit of the Pittsburgh Pirates also made an appearance on a trip I took down to Bradenton.


Last but not least, was Alex Rodriguez who rehabbed in front of a very empty Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin.

I am hoping that I did not miss any major leaguers who I was able to see during their rehab stints last season. I obviously got to see quite a few of them so I'm sure that I left at least one person out. I saw Dewayne Wise and Scott Podsednik who were on Minor League contracts, I didn't get pictures of them but didn't want to leave them out.
Scranton will probably not be a popular place to send major leaguers this coming season so Tampa could quite possibly see a few more in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment